Monday, February 6, 2012

Meditation: His Presence, His Voice

One day I left my cell phone in a friend’s office. When my daughter sent a text message soon after, my friend thought it would be fun to respond to the text and pretend to be me. After an exchange of just two messages my daughter texted back, “Who is this really?
She knew my voice. Even though she was apart from me and limited to the shorthand of text messaging, she was not fooled by an impostor.
One sure sign that we are becoming followers of Jesus is our ability to distinguish his voice from others. Jesus said simply, “My sheep know my voice.” Yet one hallmark among Christians in our day is anxiety regarding God’s direction and guidance. How can there be so many believers who struggle to hear his voice?
Students of Jesus has a new Web address. Click here to read the rest of this post and check out our new design.

No comments:

Post a Comment